Saturday, November 29, 2008

I hope we're all proud.

Well, as most of you know, yesterday was "Black Friday". And I hope that as a society, we can someday move on past this barbaric day. It makes me sick. This single day points out how materialistic our socitey has become. It shows the world that tv's and dvd players and clothes matter to us more than acting like civil humans. If you watched the news at all, you heard about the Wal Mart worker in New York that got trampled to death by a mass of shoppers. All I have to say is that I hope we're all real darn proud of ourselves. Is there really anything at Wal Mart that consitiutes an innocent man being trampled to death?? How far are we willing to go... all for material possesions??? The worst part is, there are many of us out there who have enough sense in our minds to avoid stores like a plague on Black Friday, but yet this kind of senseless violence happens. Ever heard the saying about there are two kinds of evil in this world?? One of those kinds of evil is when people sit by, watch the evil happen, and do nothing about it. This is the same thing. What is it going to take for enough of us to stand up and say that this kind of madness has to stop?? How many people have to get injured and even die, all so people can buy crap they don't need anyway??? Think about it. And if society is sooo attached to this sick tradition that they refuse to abolish it, then someone needs to step in and make some dang rules about it. Regulate it. DO SOMETHING. This is just so wrong to me. I just don't see how we can all say "oh, that's terrible!!", and yet we go shopping and act like a bunch of apes again next year. It makes me sick. Whatever happened to humanity!! Whatever happened to people acting civil?? Seriously. I am pretty darn sure that there are people out there who are just as sickened by this tradition as I am. Maybe, if enough of us speak out, something can be done to make sure that nobody else has to lose a father, mother, brother or sister.... all in the name of good ol' american greed. I hope we're all pleased with ourselves.

No comments: