Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Not Your Mother's Holiday Movie List



Merry Christmas to all my fellow bloggers out there! It's that time of year where I compile yet another list of movies for the season. I must warn you, my Christmas list is a bit unconventional. I figure that it's always the season to shake things up a bit. So, here's a list of holiday movies that I feel everyone should be watching this time of year.

1. Edward Scissorhands

If you can honestly tell me that you don't hum the melody of "The Ice Dance" and twirl around in the snow, I'd have to say you're lying.

2. Just Friends

This movie is hilarious, Ryan Reynolds is in a fat suit, and Chris Marquette is adorable as hell. What's not to love about it?

3. Black Christmas (original and remake)


Wether you choose the 1974 original or the 2006 remake, you're in for a treat. Campy? You bet. A bit cheesy at times? Damn skippy. Worth every bloody second of it? Hells yes! I bet you'll never look at Christmas Cookies the same way again...

4. The Nightmare Before Christmas

That's right, Tim Burton is so awesome, he made the list twice. I love that this film combines my favorite holiday (Halloween) and Christmas.

5. Gremilns

Let's face it, we all love Gizmo. He's the cutest thing since... well... ever. I know after seeing this movie I wanted a Mogwai for Christmas.

There's my list kiddos. :) I hope you enjoy the blood, guts, and jingle bells this holiday season. And remember, it's always the season for a good scare or two. Sweet dreams.

No comments: