Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Waldo, Bethlehem, and Columbus, Ohio

Oh my.... I don't even know where to start. Saturday, Stacey and I took a road trip to go visit her boyfriend in Columbus, Ohio. He works with Toby Mac, and Winter Jam was in Ohio. So we got in the car, and went. On the way, we saw some random crap. Really random crap. We found a road called Bethlehem. And south of it was a town called Waldo. So we found Waldo!! No more asking "where's waldo?" Then, we found that stop lights in Columbus stay the same FOREVER. Like for minutes at a time. So we started calling them the "neverending stop lights". And the roads... oh sweet cookies the roads. They were soooooo confusing. I'd rather drive in Chicago, and that's crazy enough. So we don't really care for the roads in Columbus. So we get there, and the place where the show is, is on the campus of Ohio State. So I had to come home and wash off the buckeye stink. It made me wish that I would've warn my MSU shirt. But then I may have gotten shot in the face... no good. So I just had to endure it. Stinkin Buckeyes. Anyway, the show was fun. I had a minor star struck moment when I was literally within arms length of BarlowGirl.....but I made it. They have no idea how they've impacted my life. They were amazing that night. I rocked out. I also took a lot of pics. Pardon the fact that they are kinda blurry. Nick showed me some settings I wasn't aware of on my camera AFTER BarlowGirl was done on stage. But I thank him for showing me. Oh... and I learned that a crazy little device called a Rip Stick can be the most hilarious thing ever. Seriously. It was entertaining watching Toby's crew try to conquer it. I think only 2 of the guys actually figured it out. I didn't even try, because I fall down enough on my own. I didn't want to chance breaking my face in front of Toby's entire crew. Oh man... they made me realize why I love hanging out with crew. They are soooo hilarious and they know how to joke around and let loose. I needed that, to just be able to be absolutley crazy around people who weren't afraid to do the same thing.
On top of all of the random and hilarious things, I knew deep down that there was a reason that God had me at this show. I knew BarlowGirl was part of it, because God always uses them to speak to me. And they did. Well... Alyssa did. She made me cry... but good tears. I needed to hear what she had to say. But there was more than that that God wanted me to hear. I was very politely told that I need to stop making excuses, and just go for the things I want to accomplish in life. It's true, once I thought about it. When it comes to my photography, I am always making the excuse that I need a better camera before I can do anything serious with photography. So I don't feel the need to try to do anything with it. And with my job search. I am always making the excuse that I can't apply at certian places b/c my van is too bad, or it's too far away.... etc. And with moving to Nashville. It's always the excuse of not having the money to move. I realized that I need to listen to what God is telling me to do and to go for it. If it is honestly what God wants for me, then he will take care of the little things. I won't have to stress about them. God will provide. So I have a fire lit under me now. And I am still scared, because I am not certian of what lies ahead. But I am learning to take comfort in the fact that my heavenly father has my back. He will provide for me, he will keep me close. But I have to stop ignoring what he is telling me to do because I am afraid to do what he is telling me. I have to learn to let go.
So I'm not sure what's next. But I am excited to see where my life goes. And what other random things my friends and I can encounter on the way. Because if I have learned one thing from last weekend, it is that you just never know who or what God has in store for you. And you'll never know, if you don't trust in him

No comments: