Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Life in Kentucky: Part 1

Greetings from Kentucky!!! Today is my 4th day here. My room is starting to actually look like a room now. I have to wait to hang posters and such until after the room gets painted on Sunday. I have my radio tuned in, my tv working, and my Twilight calendar hung. So it's a start. So far all I have seen of Kentucky is the church, the local Wal Mart, and my Mom and Al's new house. I have been sick the entire time I have been here, so my going out has been limited. Plus, I have absolutely no idea where anything is, except the local Wal Mart. So I decided to just let this cold pass, and then try to venture out a bit. Tomorrow I am going to school with my Mom and helping out with all the little elementary kids. It should be interesting, espically since there are some 4th grade boys espically excited to meet me. But all in all, I think it will be fun. It will be good to get out of the house too. I've been pretty cooped up all week so far. Oh... and on Saturday, we are going to Newport on the Levy to get Coldstone. So I'll take a pic of the infamous shark on the side of the aquarium, so y'al lcan see why it scares the hell out of me. Becides that, not much is going on yet. Hopefully once the cold is gone, and my sense of direction gets better, I can start putting in some applications around town. Keep your fingers crossed that the local Hot Topic is hiring. I'd love to be able to report that I am working there and coloring my hair purple.... but all in due time I guess. As for now, I am going to finish getting around for the day, and see what I can do to get my room in some sort of order. I'll make sure to keep y'all updated on life here in Kentucky, and let y'all know when I get a job and such. Until next time, keep rockin out.

1 comment:

SecondComingOfBast said...

Wow. I find a girl from Covington who might be the only person from there with a decent blog on blogspot, besides mine of course, only to find a girl who found God in a mosh pit and who looks like John Travolta. Must mean something. Hope you keep blogging.