Sunday, September 20, 2009

This I Pray

So, there has been one thought on my mind a lot lately. And that thought has been working through bitterness/anger that I keep feeling for a handful of people in my life. When I stop and think about it, this bitterness is doing nothing but tearing me down. By being angry and bitter and reacting in a negative manner, I am no different from the people who I feel bitter twards. In the end, my feeling bitter and angry does nothing but stress me out. And, it gives the people I have these feelings twards the satisifaction of seeing me stressed, angry and bitter. I know that is really all that they want, to see me stress. They want to get under my skin, to know they've gotten to me. So this week I have decided to pray daily that God helps me work past these feelings. That when faced with a situation, I learn to let it go, as opposed to being angry/bitter. Life is too short and to precious a gift to spend it so stressed/angry/bitter. So I am going to focus on that. I am going to live my life to the fullest. I am going to be the woman God has created me to be. I am going to work on focusing on the positives in my life as opposed to the negatives. I know it is not going to be easy, but that is the incredible thing about God. He will be there to help me through when life gets hard. And he alone can change my heart and my thoughts. I pray that he does just that. I pray that he changes the way I think, so I no longer think toxic thoughts. I pray that he teaches me to love everyone as he loves everyone, so I may not have a hard heart. And I pray that he allows his love to show though me, so that everyone will know this life about him and him alone.

No comments: